We are looking for a Business Development professional who can accelerate our growth by identifying and securing new business opportunities.
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial Additive Manufacturing (AM) of high end functional metal components. We offer modular and automated metal 3D printing systems, a highly differentiated offering on the market.
Our mission is to design and manufacture metal AM printers that can produce parts to outclass castings and machining as a method for manufacturing.
We are looking for a Business Development professional who can accelerate our growth by identifying and securing new business opportunities. The ideal candidate should be technology savvy and be highly experienced at navigating and identifying opportunities within a manufacturing supply chain.
The role is one of the most critical interface points between the market and our company. We expect a leader who can become an expert in our technology and use that knowledge to find the market niches with the highest chance of adoption.
The key aspects of the role are:
- Increase awareness of our company and its offering and convert that awareness into leads
- Clear understanding of new technology adoption processes and the ability to engage and influence the decision makers
- Technically adept at spotting new applications for our technology
- Collaborative approach with internal process and application development teams to generate process chains, all with the aim of generating new business
- Create and execute business development campaigns
- Direct collaboration with Product Management uncovering market intelligence regarding potential customers, applications, system configurations and emerging opportunities as well as developing a thorough understanding of the competition
- Ensures that business development and sales activities are updated in CRM
- You will own the telephone – using it to cold call, engage and consult with C-level executives across a diverse range of sectors.
- You will own social media – using it to spread awareness of our company, our offering, initiating engagement with influencers and potential customers
- Communicate results of campaigns to leadership and continuously seek to improve
- Managing the business development campaign budgets
The Business Development Manager reports to the Strategic Marketing Director.
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or materials science. An advanced technical degree or MBA would be desirable.
- Minimum 10 years high performance sales leadership experience within any of aviation, defence, space, high-tech or energy markets
- Fluent in English speaking and writing
- Highly developed commercial and business acumen with an ability to recognize growth opportunities and capitalize on them.
- Successful and demonstrable track record in building long term customer relationships and developing sales pipeline
- Effective communicator (verbal, written and presentation).
- Ability to understand, analyse and assimilate complex issues.
- Creative and commercial mind-set
- Track record of building effective relationships internally and externally
- Knowledge of the technology adoption and sales cycle
- Willingness to travel 40% – 50% of time
- Team player, with good communication skills, flexible and committed
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and the mindset of a finisher
- A strong desire to always be learning
- A passion for working in high technology environments
Culture Additive Industries
Additive Industries is a young and fast-growing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team attitude in which we work and experiment together in achieving our joint goals. We are looking for a broad range of people with diverse backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our company culture:
- Open, self-confident and result oriented,
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial,
- Proven team player who takes ownership,
- Professional and structured.
To apply for this job please visit www.additiveindustries.com.