As Safety Engineer you will play an important role in the development process of new products, where you will be responsible for the safety function.
Additive Industries accelerates industrial additive manufacturing by developing and offering a modular 3D printing system to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, aviation, automotive, and high-tech equipment. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Additive Industries is a global key player in large volume metal printing systems.
Additive Industries is looking for a Safety Engineer to strengthen our Research & Development team, bringing relevant experience in the field of machine safety. In this position you will play an important role within the safety framework of Additive Industries, where you will be responsible for machine safety aspects, to safeguard our products are complying to applicable machine safety regulations and standards and CE certification. In addition you will maintain the Technical File, perform safety risk analyses, have a seat in the safety council and are involved in safety audits.
As Safety Engineer you will play an important role in the development process of new products, where you will be responsible for the safety function. According to the V-model, you will be responsible for providing system safety requirements and design specifications for (sub)modules of our MetalFAB system. You will translate system level requirements and specifications towards functional specifications and will provide input towards lower level module specifications. In this process, you will be working closely together with our system architects, other system engineers, mechanical designers and software developers.
On the other end of the V-model you will also be responsible for the integration process of (sub)modules, functions or systems, involving both hard- and software. You will define functional test specifications, perform or monitor test execution and deliver test reporting, covering functional requirements and ensuring proper product documentation. You will continue building a knowledge base and can be involved in trouble shooting and issue resolution when issues occur with released products, related to your system function responsibility.
Main ingredients for a successful performance are:
- Good understanding of machine safety regulations and standards
- Translating system requirements to functional requirements
- Define design concepts and trade-offs based on functional requirements
- Integration and testing of developed systems, functionalities or modules
- Documenting your work during all phases of the product creation process
- Ability to work in iterative manner, both on conceptual as well as detailed level
The Safety Engineer will report to the Manager R&D
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Control Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or similar.
- Certified machinery safety expert or similar is a strong pre.
- At least 3 years of experience as machine safety expert with complex mechatronic modules and/or systems, preferably in a high-tech environment
- Experience with defining requirements and design specifications
- Experience with the process of integration, defining and executing test plans including reporting
- Experience with system analysis software packages (e.g. MATLAB, Python)
- Familiar with product development according to the V-model
- Strong analytical skills and a structured approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
Culture Additive Industries
Additive Industries is a young and quickly maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result driven
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven Team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- Demonstrates team membership
To apply for this job please visit www.additiveindustries.com.