As Lead Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for the development and improvement of mechanical and mechatronic modules and (sub)systems of our 3D metal printer, based on our roadmap or on special request from one of our customers.
Additive Industries accelerates industrial additive manufacturing by developing and offering a modular 3D printing system to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, aviation, automotive, and high-tech equipment. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Additive Industries is a global key player in large volume metal printing systems.
Additive Industries is looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to join our development team. Within a multidisciplinary team, you will play an important role in the development of our industrial 3D metal printing system named MetalFAB.
As Lead Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for the development and improvement of mechanical and mechatronic modules and (sub)systems of our 3D metal printer, based on our roadmap or on special request from one of our customers. Depending on the scope of the module you will either guide outsourcing of the development, coach other engineers and/or develop the design yourself. Your daily work involves developing concepts, translating these into detailed 3D CAD models, and reviewing and optimizing your work with team members.
If required, you will design proof-of-principle test setups or functional models, in order to thoroughly test your designs. When proto components arrive, you will support the integration of these components and test your designs to their specifications to make sure your designs are suitable for series production. You will create technical product documentation like design documentation, production drawings and bill of materials.
Furthermore, you will be involved in reviews with suppliers to improve the design on manufacturability. After products are released, you might be involved to analyze issues and provide solutions to solve them.
The main activities for a successful performance are:
- Leading design and prototyping of complex mechanical systems and modules
- Manage the relationship with outsourcing partners and suppliers
- Lead, guide, and engage with other engineers during the design, analysis, engineering, testing, and validation of advanced mechanical systems
- Conceptualize, develop, analyze, and test designs based on functional specifications
- Develop CAD models and detailed drawings of mechanical assemblies for prototyping and manufacturing
- Creating and maintaining of TPD and product creation process deliverables during design, integration and testing phase
The Lead Mechanical Engineer will report to the Manager R&D
Knowledge and experience
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years experience in design of complex mechatronic modules and/or systems, or Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years experience
- Able to work both at conceptual and detailed design levels
- Experience with outsourcing and guiding development activities
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing and coaching (junior) engineers
- Effective problem solving, organizational, planning, project management and analytical skills
- CAD design software experience (preferably Siemens NX)
- Extensive expertise of design principles and production techniques of mechanical parts (sheet metal, milling, turning, welding)
- Knowledge of PLM systems (preferably Siemens Teamcenter)
- Knowledge of project based way of working and product development methodologies
- Finite Element Analysis experience (preferably Ansys, structural, dynamic, steady state thermal)
Culture Additive Industries
Additive Industries is a young and quickly maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result driven
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven Team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- Demonstrates team membership
To apply for this job please visit www.additiveindustries.com.