As a system integrator you are responsible for integrating and testing (sub)modules, functions and sometimes even a complete system.
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system to demanding industrial markets: aerospace, energy, automotive and high-tech equipment.
Additive Industries is an OEM-type company: we deliver 3D printing equipment to our customers, enabling them to print metal parts.
Additive Industries is growing gradually after having launched the MetalFAB metal additive manufacturing system. We are looking for a System Integrator to support our Engineering team. As a system integrator in this multi-disciplinary team you play an important role in the developments and improvements of both our released products as well as our newly to be introduced products, from concept to realization.
As a system integrator you are responsible for integrating and testing (sub)modules, functions and sometimes even a complete system. Furthermore you will also be responsible (‘function owner’) for specific functionalities within our MetalFAB system and further build these functionalities based on your expertise and by implementing new features and resolving issues. All with the goal to deliver the best possible 3D metal printer for our demanding customer base.`
To ensure successful introduction of this improved functionality, you will set up specification and test documents including reporting. Integration and testing activities will be done by yourself or together with other team members. You will go through the full chain of having a basic idea to actually implementing it on one of our systems.
The ingredients for a successful performance are :
- Deliver input on system design testability, assembly and serviceability
- Support implementation of mechatronics calibration and control strategies
- Deliver Module and System Test Specifications
- Test and integration of developed systems or modules, including written reporting
The System Integrator reports to the Engineering Team Manager.
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Control Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or similar
- Able to work both at a conceptual and detailed level
- Analytical and structured approach
- At least 3 years of experience in complex mechatronic modules and/or systems, over 5 years of experience is preferred
- Experience in going through the phases of specifying, integrating and testing machine developments
- Knowledge of embedded software, control and electronics systems
- PLC knowledge is considered to be an advantage
- You are familiar with terms like FAT, SAT, design for testability, assembly and serviceability
- Experienced in writing test specifications
- Experience with system analysis software packages (e.g. Matlab, LabView)
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
Additive Industries is a young and quickly maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result driven
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- Demonstrates team membership
To apply for this job please visit www.additiveindustries.com.