ou will work on the development and engineering in challenging projects in the domain of Laser Commnication Systems and Atmospheric Monitoring Instruments.
Are you the Optical Engineer for our Laser Communications Systems development we are looking for?
At Airbus Defence and Space Netherlands we work at the frontiers of technology in one of the most challenging and rapidly changing industries in the world: Space. Our products and services – including Solar Arrays, Launcher Structures, Instruments & Services and Laser Communication Systems – are among the best in the world. They enable missions that are of great importance for our everyday life on Earth, such as satellite navigation, communications, climate research and monitoring of air quality.
At our state-of-the-art facilities in Leiden and Oegstgeest, a team of over 250 dedicated professionals work on the design, development, assembly, testing and delivery of space products and services. We do that by thinking creatively in terms of solutions and by working with like-minded business partners. Intensive collaboration in our international community is the key to success, also within the Airbus family that we are proudly part of.
For our Optical Systems team we are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Optical Engineer. You will work on the development and engineering in challenging projects in the domain of Laser Commnication Systems and Atmospheric Monitoring Instruments. The long term goal for the person in this role is to become a specialist in the broad range of Optical aspects of Laser Communications Systems. However you need to be flexible and open to both, work as an Optical Engineer in other fields and explore the interface with the other engineering disiplines, because flexibility is key in the changing needs of the Space business.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Study the requirements of free space optical communication systems and sub-systems from internal and external customers and convert them into necessary optical design parameters.
- Optimization of optical systems and sub-systems designs, perform required analyses and prepare verification plans.
- Work in multi-disciplinary team with mechanical, thermal design, electrical, software and AIT experts in solving challenging design problems.
- Responsible for specifying the optical components and sub-systems for production that meets the design requirements.
- Document the designs in detailed design reports.
- Integration and alignment of the optical systems and perform tests
- Analyze the final test results and report your findings and recommendations in the test report.
Next to project support we also expect you to actively follow the developments in your domain and inform your colleagues and team leader about these topics. While doing this you will work on building a network of internal and external peers and stakeholders.
What it takes?
You have a master degree in Engineering. We are looking for someone with at least 3-5 years of work experience in Space or related High Tech industy. Space experience is a strong preference as you then better understand what it takes in Space to be succesfull!
You are able to demonstrate knowledge in Optics & Photonics and you have affinity Engineering in general.
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
- Hands-on experience (~2 years) in using the optical design tools like Zemax OpticStudio, Code-V or equivalent in optimizing and analyzing optical designs.
- Shall be able to independently work on the optimization of optical designs and perform analysis like tolerances and stray light.
- Experience in modelling and analyzing the laser beam propagation.
- Experience in design and analysis of high power laser systems.
- Knowledge of free-space optical technology.
- Knowledge of adaptive optics would be a benefit.
- Experience in working on design and development of complex optical instruments for space or other applications.
- Knowledge of MATLAB and/or Python to program automation of analyses.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English and preferably also Dutch.
You are a flexible and creative person who enjoys working in a team with varying colleagues and customers. Your communication in English, both verbally and in writing, is clear and concise. You are aware of your strengths and weaknesses, and have a drive to constantly develop yourself. You are result driven and capable of managing your own work. You recognize yourself in:
- Taking responsibility for the best Optical solutions
- Having an open/ curious/ result driven mindset
- Proficient with (Optical) analysis software tools
- Broad interest, able to think outside own discipline and team
- Being capable of supporting and if possible leading colleagues within your own knowledge area
- Having potential and ambition to grow to a specialist role
We offer a fulltime job in a dynamic and international working environment, extensive opportunities for personal development and attractive working conditions.
- Good salary and excellent working conditions
- 27 holidays and 13 ATV
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of working from home with a maximum of 40%
- Pension scheme
To apply, please upload your application letter and CV via our online application form before February 17th, 2023. The interviews will take place in February.
In case you are currently not living in the Netherlands, please address your motivation to relocate to the Netherlands.
NB: agency calls are not appreciated.
To apply for this job please visit link.inhroffice.com.