You will have an active role in deal selection, strategic and financial analysis, due diligence, portfolio management, and execution of exits and add-on acquisitions.
Join us in building the future
Success is never assured. Our team embraces challenges openly, becoming better, sharper and more impactful team members.
Innovation Industries is a Dutch deep tech venture capital firm with €475 million in Assets under Management and a leading player in Western Europe. We invest in deep-tech with potential to solve global challenges. We invest in industrial technology, med-tech, and agri & food technology. Our portfolio companies make impact through breakthroughs in energy-efficient photonic chips, climate-resilient seeds, safer & more efficient batteries, sensing technologies for better care, and more.
Our team consists of 20 highly-qualified professionals that understand the dynamics of deep-tech. We have diverse and complementary backgrounds (though with a bias towards engineering and business) and take a hands-on approach to investing. We have offices in Amsterdam and Eindhoven.
Our journey started in 2017, when we raised the first Dutch deep-tech VC fund. Since then, we have raised our second fund, invested in >25 companies and scaled a number of potential unicorns. We see a bright future you could be a part of. Currently, we are raising our third fund – our largest yet – and building the team for growth.
You will have an active role in deal selection, strategic and financial analysis, due diligence, portfolio management, and execution of exits and add-on acquisitions. You are a full part of the investment team and serve as a sparring partner for the boards of our portfolio companies. Your responsibilities will -among others- include:
- Co-manage entire investment process as needed from sourcing companies and conducting due diligence to closing deals and managing portfolio companies
- Identify emerging technologies and companies of interest to Innovation Industries for early, mid, and late-stage investments
- Support portfolio companies following an investment
- Map investment trends, develop investment themes, generate research reports and build and maintain a pipeline of companies
- Participate in industry events to network with VCs and startups to support deal flow
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Above-average developed analytical thinking, combined with well a well-tuned ‘social antenna’
- An entrepreneurial, energetic attitude with creative problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail combined with a solutions-oriented, strategic mindset
- 1-3 years of relevant working experience in areas such as VC, PE, strategy consulting, investment banking and startups
- A Master’s or Ph.D. degree in any relevant (technical) domain
- Excellent Dutch and English written and oral communications skills
- Prior experience with due diligence and/or deal structuring is preferred, as well as experience in the agriculture and/or cleantech domain
What we offer
- A dynamic and fast-moving environment
- Responsibility from the start and a steep learning curve
- Committed and professional team, with ample opportunity for social interaction
- Market competitive salary, with excellent development opportunities
- Open culture, transparent and direct communication, pragmatic and practical attitude, ‘bureaucracy-adverse’
- An inclusive workplace, where all talented people feel at home
- A chance to make an impact on the fundamental challenges of our time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.