As a group leader you are responsible for the performance and growth of (the colleagues within) the mechanical development department.
Due to our growth, we are looking for an additional Group Leader Mechanics. A Group Leader who makes the difference both on the technical content and by leading his/her own group of mechanical specialists
Sioux Technologies develops and produces state-of-the-art technology for the top end of the international high-tech community. Examples include a complex lithography machine, a compact electron microscope, a smart home automation system or an electric self-charging car. We raise the bar high and we often achieve the impossible. We do so together, as a team of enthusiastic electronics, software, mechanics, mechatronics and mathematics specialists.
As a group leader you are responsible for the performance and growth of (the colleagues within) the mechanical development department. The technical competences within the group are design principles of precision engineering, dynamics, flow&temperature management, model based designing, CAE, DFX, CAD&PDM. You are continuously striving to improve the competences and ensure you align these with the operational program managers and the long term ambition of Sioux Technologies. Together with the Department Manager Mechanical Development and your colleague Group Leaders, you form the beating heart of the department.
Among a lot of other responsibilities your daily activities include:
- People management: You are responsible for a group of approximately 25 employees. You give day-to-day operational guidance to your employees and inspire them to take ownership of their personal development. You enable your employees to excel and to grow, ensuring an inspiring and safe working environment where we also have fun together!
- Competence management: You are leading in technology. You ensure that the required knowledge within the group aligns with and even exceeds the technology roadmap of Sioux. For example, by initiating technical training courses about innovations in your area of expertise
- Projects: You are involved in our multidisciplinary projects to ensure the optimal team allocation and the quality of the deliverables with respect to the mechanics competences. You are regularly involved in project reviews and in the acquisition phase of new projects
- Recruitment and selection: You support recruitment events (e.g. trade fairs and open days), contribute to the labor market campaigns and have selection and hiring interviews with applicants. You also use your own network to attract new colleagues.
- A completed academic education in Mechanics
- At least 8 years of experience, of which 2 years in managing a team of mechanical professionals
- Good (individual) coaching skills
- Good social and communication skills
- A broad view on technology, organization and processes.
- A customer- and solution-oriented approach
Our employees are our strength, and together we want to get the maximum out of it. That starts by offering attractive terms and conditions of employment that are in line with your needs. According to our employees, the personal attention at Sioux makes the difference. And that’s something we’re proud of. After all, to us, success is more than just a good salary. It’s also about being appreciated, about being given responsibility and the ability to develop yourself.
You can expect:
- Internal training, coaching and a large personal development budget of 6,000 euro per year
- Varied work due to variety in technologies, markets and projects
- Good salary and attractive fringe benefits
- Flexible working hours of 32- 40 hrs per week in a healthy mix of working from home or at the office
- An open culture focused on working together, learning and having fun
- An innovative working environment
To apply for this job please visit vacancy.sioux.eu.